We value the personal data of our customers and prospective customers. This Personal Data Protection Policy is issued to you pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") which is passed by the Malaysian Government to regulate the processing of personal information in commercial transactions and has came into operation on 15th November 2013. In compliance with the Act which was gazette in November 2013, the following policy shall be applicable to you:
In the course of your dealings with us, we, Masmeyer Holdings Sdn. Bhd. which includes the holding company, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within our group of companies (collectively, referred to as "us", "our" or "we" in this Personal Data Protection Policy), will request that you provide your personal data ("Personal Data"), to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to communicate with you on the services and/or products related to our business.
2. Types of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may include, but is not limited to information concerning your name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, email address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, income range, race and religious beliefs, contact information such as telephone, mobile and facsimile number, nationality, type of loans applied for in relation to the purchase of property, credit card or bank account information, medical information, and information of third parties such as your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, and financiers.
3. Purposes of Processing
We process your Personal Data for, amongst others, including but not limited to following purposes (collectively, "Purpose"):
- the delivery to you of notices, information in connection with our current and future services or products and the marketing of such services or products as well as new product launches, events, promotional events and contests;
- preparing and executing all necessary documents and agreements with you such as in relation to the sale and purchase transactions, and to carry out the obligations under the agreement, for our products, services, and/or properties necessary for purposes of conducting and administering our business including but not limited to sales administration and property management purposes as well as sub-sale transactions, refinancing and sales by auction;
- collection of outstanding payments;
- to maintain the customer record, administer and carry out our customer and prospective customer relationship management procedures;
- conducting marketing, client profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis and customer surveys regarding our projects, products and/or services;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and to make the necessary disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular and/or code which are applicable to us and for the prevention of crime;
- vacant possession, keys handover, property/estate management, customer care and/or defect rectification works;
- post vacant possession services, such as club house services and security services; and/or
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to enhance our various services and products sales, promotions and advertising and valued customer communications.
4. Source of Personal Data
The Personal Data to be collected, processed and used by us are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as:
- agreements for sale and purchase or sub-sale of our properties or for our services;
- our booking forms, registration or any other forms whether in electronic or hardcopy format
- any correspondence that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- business cards or other information provided to us or given to our employees or sales and marketing or other agents
- any referrals from a person which have included their verifiable personal contact details; and/or
- letters of offer from financial institutions (local and foreign) for pre-approved loans;
Generally, we will keep the Personal Data provided to us as confidential. Nevertheless, we noted your consent granted to us for the following disclosures of the Personal Data by us to these classes of third parties which may be located within or outside Malaysia for reasons relating to the Purpose:
- any parties to whom we are under a legal requirement to disclose the Personal Data to by applicable law or in response to an authoritative body,
- public amenities and utilities providers;
- contractors and service providers, including but not limited to auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, financial and professional advisers, lenders, insurance companies and property management companies;
- our holding company, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within our group of companies;
- our joint venture and business partners; and/or
- the relevant landowner, Joint Management Body and/or management corporation.
6. Third party consent
In the event you have provided personal data of third parties (e.g. your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, financiers) to us, we rely on you to have sufficiently obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the Purpose.
7. Changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy
We may, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies.
8. Right of Access to Personal Data
- In ensuring that all Personal Data are up to date, complete and accurate all, you shall have the right and access o update, amend, vary or delete the Personal Data by written notice to us at the following address or email: -
Masmeyer Holdings Sdn. Bhd.
P.O.Box 78, POS Malaysia Cawangan Jelutong,
Cawangan Jelutong, 11600 Penang.
Tel : 04- 282 8809
Fax : 04- 282 8801
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notwithstanding Clause 8(a) above, we reserve the right to decline such request to update, amend, vary or delete the Personal Data in the event to process such requests are unreasonable, repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, may affect the privacy of others, impractical, illegal, unjust or for which access is not otherwise required by the Act and the law of Malaysia.
9. Choices to Limit Processing of Personal Data
- The Personal Data provided to us undergoes processing as and when required or upon scheduled maintenance. The word "Processing" is defined in the Act as "in relation to personal data, means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operation or set of operations in the personal data, including :-
- You have the right to limit partially or wholly any of the processes by which your data is subjected to in terms of the operations allowed to be performed upon it, the period of time allowed or alternatively the dead line of the consent given.
- The responsibility for compliance rests on us who shall determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- You may at any time withdraw or amend, in full or in part, your processing consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period in person at our office or by written notification to the correspondence address given in Clause 8 (a) above.
10. Consequences of Refusal / Failure to Provide Personal Data
- The Personal Data provided by you to us are wholly voluntary in nature and you are not under any obligation or under any duress to do so. However, certain personal details and information are required in order to prepare the booking form, sale and purchase agreement and any other relevant documents.
- Your refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following issues which we shall not be held liable for any of the consequences arising there from:-
In accordance to Section 7(3) of the Act, this Policy is issued in both Bahasa Malaysia and English languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language version of this Policy shall prevail.